Saturday, September 12, 2009
Monday, August 24, 2009
I made the Berry Galette one week before my due date and took it for dessert for our annual Shakespeare in the Park picnic. It got rave reviews so I made it again. I love making galettes period.
I thought I had already downloaded the pictures....I will have to upload them later this week as I have an infant attached to my arm. Tina and Misty however can attest that I made it!
Until next time happy baking!
Sunday, July 5, 2009
Sunday, June 21, 2009
Until next time beauties...Happy Baking!
Tuesday, May 26, 2009
What an easy recipe and simply yummy. I baked the cake for 55 minutes and it was done to perfection. I made no modifications. With a little whipped cream and some strawberries....delish!
Can anyone tell me what they did with their lemons? I'd hate to throw them away....
Until next week beauties, happy baking!
Monday, May 18, 2009
My arms were extremely sore from stirring, stirring and more stirring. I thought that the butter pieces would never end. I exchanged Canadian Club for bourbon, since we didn't have any on hand. The syrup was nice and fragrant and added a nice touch to the end result.
I decided not to make the white-chocolate cream, I thought it would be a little too sweet and would make whipped cream instead. Plus I am not a huge fan of white chocolate.
I placed my pan in the oven with a pot of water in the rack below. I had called Tina for some advice since I didn't have the necessary equipment. Tina assured me the water was needed for moisture. I baked for 30 minutes. After checking it - my instinct told me I needed to wait a little longer - so I baked it for about 5 more minutes or so as I did not want to over bake this dessert. I knew that this cake was to be somewhat of a brownie consistency. I followed Julia's instructions to a tee. When I attempted to flip it over - disaster #2....the cake was raw inside. So, not wanting to waste and after working so hard - I placed the mixture in dish and placed in the oven for at least another 20 minutes.
Sunday, May 10, 2009
Until next time Happy Baking!
Sunday, April 26, 2009
Sorry no pictures this week ladies (I need to find my camera!).
I have decided that I will try to make the croissants...I can't say that I am not a bit worried...but it will be a good challenge for me.
Until next time, happy baking!
Sunday, April 12, 2009
On Saturday morning I decided to attempt the recipe again! I was not going another week without partaking in the challenge! This time I used a baking sheet with edges, so butter could not escape the pan. For this challenge I had to use a little more buttermilk than what was suggested in the recipe and I added frozen blueberries. This time, I did not run into any issues and thought my scones turned out well.
I brought the scones to the 1st Annual Wanless Park Easter Egg Hunt and they were a hit. One of the mother's came up to me to let me know how good the scones were (I was so happy). I think I will make this recipe again (it's nice a simple) and try different variations. Maybe add some nuts next time or cranberries. Or, something more sophisticated like my sister made - dried pear and Gouda (sounds divine Tina).
Happy Easter! And until next week - happy baking!
Monday, March 16, 2009
Sunday, March 8, 2009
I think next time I make this dish I will mix the dough by hand instead of using the mini processor. Oh, and yes I used a measuring tape again. Such a strange tool to use in the kitchen.
The end result was delicious. Jerry and I both ate one each for dinner one night. Next time I think I will experiment with different cheeses, i followed the recipe using Monterrey Jack and mozzarella. I can't imagine how good this dish will be when using fresh summer ingredients.
Sunday, March 1, 2009
I halved the recipe because I definitely do not need 5 dozen cookies in my house...I was also happy since I found these cookies a tad labour intensive with all the kneading, rolling, and cutting. I had to use my mini food processor to blend all the ingredients (I don't own anything larger), so I had to make two batches of the dough, and luckily only one batch of the filling. I did not use the candied orange and used white rum instead of dark. I also used a tape measure to cut the cookies into 3 inches each (yes, a little anal of me). I also found I had quite a bit of wasted dough, which I suppose I could have kneaded into more cookies.
The reduced recipe yielded approximately 2 dozen cookies. I brought them to our Friday night dinner at the in-laws and they went over quite well. Truman even seemed to like them, probably because they are not too sweet. I didn't mind the cookies, but I doubt I will make them again.
Can't wait to try next week's challenge. Till then, happy baking!