Sunday, August 29, 2010

Falafel Burgers

So again, I am posting late. I just can't seem to get on the computer these days to blog. I have to say, I was very excited to try these "burgers", I love falafels and who doesn't like ones that are better for you, since they are baked and not deep fried. I also liked the fact that I could hide a few veggies in there too. The falafels were easy to make, the hardest part was getting my food processor out of my cupboard! For whatever reason, my batch only made seven burgers, which was fine, as I was kind of tired of them after a few days. I loved the sauce and thought it was a nice addition. Would I make these again? Probably not. They were OK, but compared to the other recipes in the book, I would say there are other things I would rather eat.

So, like last time, my family will also be evaluating the food. Here are their thoughts:

Jerry: I can't eat this, it is too mushy and tastes like mushrooms (aside: my hubby hates mushrooms, I shouldn't have told him they were in the burger, and he would have eaten it, I am sure)
Truman: YUCK! (he proceeded to spit his mouthful in the sink and ate a plain pita)
Oliver: again he can't talk, but gobbled half burger one night and the other half for lunch the next day
Me: Good. Really enjoy the minty sauce


1 comment:

  1. Jerry's a liar! You can't taste the mushrooms. I hate them too and I loved these falafel burgers!

    ReplyDelete