Monday, October 4, 2010

Caramelized Onion and Goat Cheese Pasta

Although I am late posting this week, since I am the only Baking Beauty that completed this challenge I'm not too concerned. To my fellow Baking Beauties, you are not missing that much. I have to say I am feeling now, a little disheartened with "Bite Me", I started out very excited about the recipes and the last few have left a bad taste in my mouth, so to speak.
So my only modification was that I used fussilli instead of penne as that is what I had on hand. The goat cheese made this dish. Next time, although I am doubtful I will make this dish again, I would double the amount of onions, as they were divine. Just divine.
The whole thing was rather cumbersome to make (for a pretty bland tasting pasta). Oh, I hope that the next few recipes are better.....
So, how did my family feel:

Jerry: "Fantastic" (he went back for seconds, please note he is known to like bland things)
Truman: "I'm not eating THAT!"
Oliver: ate a few pieces of pasta, but preferred the buttered pasta I prepared for him
Michele "OK "

1 comment:

  1. I made the pasta also but haven't had time to blog (okay... and forgot). I agree it was okay but not worth the time. I was surprised it was bland, it sounds better than it is and looks tastier than it is. Andrew ate the leftovers days later, which is normally unlike him, but then I remembered he likes bland things.

    ReplyDelete