Sunday, March 8, 2009

Galettes

Galette is a general term used in French to designate various types of flat, round or free form crusty cakes (Definition courtesy of Wikepedia).
I can't tell you how much I loved to make and eat this delicious recipe. Not to say that I didn't have some issues along the way. My mini processor started to smoke (literally), which is making me question if I should indeed buy a larger one. As well, my dough was extremely sticky so I called Tina for some advice. It turns out the recipe I found on the Internet was phrased a little differently that Julia's. My recipe directed to me to pour all of the sour cream and water mixture into the dough. A little more flour solved that culinary issue.


I think next time I make this dish I will mix the dough by hand instead of using the mini processor. Oh, and yes I used a measuring tape again. Such a strange tool to use in the kitchen.

The end result was delicious. Jerry and I both ate one each for dinner one night. Next time I think I will experiment with different cheeses, i followed the recipe using Monterrey Jack and mozzarella. I can't imagine how good this dish will be when using fresh summer ingredients.


Overall, I love the rustic look of this dish and the divine taste. This will definitely be part of my future repertoire!
Till next time, happy baking!

2 comments: