Sunday, March 1, 2009

The "X" Factor

I had mentioned in last week's entry, I was quite apprehensive in trying these cookies. But since I have signed up for this challenge, I thought that I should at least give it a shot. I read over the recipe a number of times and I was still not sure and asked my dear sister a few questions. You see, I am completing these weekly challenges without the aid of the cookbook. Tina, sent me a few pictures that brought it all together for me.


I halved the recipe because I definitely do not need 5 dozen cookies in my house...I was also happy since I found these cookies a tad labour intensive with all the kneading, rolling, and cutting. I had to use my mini food processor to blend all the ingredients (I don't own anything larger), so I had to make two batches of the dough, and luckily only one batch of the filling. I did not use the candied orange and used white rum instead of dark. I also used a tape measure to cut the cookies into 3 inches each (yes, a little anal of me). I also found I had quite a bit of wasted dough, which I suppose I could have kneaded into more cookies.





The reduced recipe yielded approximately 2 dozen cookies. I brought them to our Friday night dinner at the in-laws and they went over quite well. Truman even seemed to like them, probably because they are not too sweet. I didn't mind the cookies, but I doubt I will make them again.

Can't wait to try next week's challenge. Till then, happy baking!

1 comment:

  1. We used the same name for our title! :)
    I'm looking forward to the galette this week as well...I have been on an apple galette fix lately, so this will be a nice change!

    ReplyDelete